Sunday, June 28, 2009

In solidarity

City Daily Photo Bloggers around the world are today posting in solidarity with the people of Iran. A daily blogger from Teheran went missing about a week ago--I just learned on the Teheran 24 blog (from Meade, who is currently studying in Portland) that he has been released.

I chose these balloons from last year's Prosser Balloon Rally for the post because they all are primarily green. The theme of the day is green. People of Iran and around the world set loose green ballons on Friday. (Also explained in Meade's blog: "Sky is ours if they ban us express ourselves on the ground. ")

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

2 comments:

Mateo said...

I'm glad for your support. I'd like to make you aware of this video. Jump to 00:27:10 if you don't like to watch the whole video. I think this is what most western countries deny but it is all connected.

Novel said...

I watched the video. It's out-of-date but it's sinister.

The picture is beautiful. We have a balloon festival every year close to us. Waking up to a sky full of air balloons is wonderful!