Friday, August 8, 2008

Smokey


If you live in the Northwest, you are probably familiar with the insurance company commercials that highlight some of our quirkier characteristics. "Chainsaw scultor, this is for you!" The Smokey the Bear which stood outside the Naches Ranger Station was missing for a couple of years, stolen or vandalized--I don't remember which. One of the local chain saw artists replaced him, and now he stands proudly again, reminding us to take care in the forest--especially with fire.

3 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

This is again what I like about the daily photos. Those quirky lttle sthings that each town has and why.

Annie said...

Very cute!

Paulie said...

That;s a really nice sculpture from a tree. . . we had a neat sculpture from a tree in the park but during the years I was teaching in CA, they removed it as it was rotting inside. It is now in the historical museum BUT I have a photo of it when it was in the park. It is just the shoulders and head of an Indian. (I just went to look at my framed photo.)