Monday, September 29, 2008

Celebrate What's Great!

The 115th annual Central Washington State Fair opened in Yakima on Friday with the theme this year being Celebrate What's Great!"

I thought I would ride to the top of the Giant Wheel and get some pictures of the midway from above.


~
Then I thought; "Nah! No! No way!"
~
Neither did I take any shots from the Sky Tram, the Circle of Fire, the Drop Zone, or the Big Sling.
~
No, you will just have to appreciate the Fair from the ground with me, or else stop by yourself for the rides, exhibits, and some fair food.

5 comments:

ben wideman said...

Very cool image. It's old school and also bright and lively.

Hope said...

I agree with you on staying on the ground. I don't like ferris wheels!

Marcel said...

Thanks for stopping by my bog Sitka Daily Photo. I have to say I have always enjoyed my time in the Yakima Valley. My favorite time to visit the valley is this time of year when the harvest is coming in. Glad I can do a cyber-visit this year.

Barbara Rahal said...

Lovely Image, I love those wheels!!! yeaaappeeeee

PERBS said...

The only time I got on a ferris wheel, I was with my three kids and the darn thing stopped and we were stuck on top for a long time--well 20 minutes seems long when you are up that high. NEVER again.

Did some high rides at Disneyland and california Adventure but they weren't as scary.